1). What
behaviors seemed to help your team successfully complete its task?
The behaviors that we experienced as a team is that we
ensured that the communication line was open. I started off the assignment and
gave a heads up for my team to assist and complete the task when they could. I
attempted to use what Brown(2011) discussed as the Integrating style with
working in teams. This assignment allowed us to share information, openness,
and coming up with a solution to how to complete this assignment in a timely
manner. (p. 301)
2). What factors
inhibited decision-making or problem-solving?
Some factors that inhibited in our
decision making and problem solving is our team’s experience in working with
virtual groups in our previous courses for this program. Another factor is that
we are able to come to conclusions as a group to set deadlines, ensure
effective communication is practiced, and pick up each other when one is
falling behind.
3). How much time was spent on decision-making and
problem-solving?
For myself I spent about an hour in
a half reflecting and reading both my submission and an additional 30 minutes
to read my team member’s work and expectations working together in this group.
4). How was information shared among team members?
The information shared between us
was through electronic means. Information was also shared (as I stated earlier)
through our experiences in the past with other group members.
5). How did issues of authority or power affect the team?
Me personally, I did not see any
issues of authority or power affecting our team. This was our first encounter with
each other so we are still trying to figure each other out at this point. I
think once we get the ball rolling with our major assignment as a team we will
maybe see true colors come out, but I highly doubt that. I would recommend to
them (if a problem were to arise dealing with power or authority) that we
practice what Brown (2011) discussed about ensuring mutual motivation and
achieving a balance in Situational Power. We will place incentives to resolve
the conflict, like dispersing power or authority to one another and sharing the
leading role. Then we would also have to take a step back and assess what is
the true issue of power or authority in our team group. (p. 302)
6). How did collaboration and competition influence the
outcome?
The collaboration of expectations
and ground rules established assisted us in this assignment. There was no
resistance as to what we want and expect in this course. So this group is will
become something special in the upcoming weeks whenever we have assignments to
conduct as a group. As for competition, I did not see or feel that we are in
any competition whatsoever whether it was making grades or holding positions of
authority while we are in this course.
7). Did team members make process interventions?
Each team member in my team did make
process interventions by wanting nothing but good for our team and establishing
the ground rules as to how we could achieve this. Brown (2011) stated that the
“purpose of process intervention is to help the work group become more aware of
the way it operates and the way its members operate with one another. (p. 199)
I believe this group will excel in its team efforts and come out successful
once this course is completed at the end of this term.
Reference:
Brown, Donald R. (2011). Experiential
Approach to Organization Development. Pearson Education. 9th Edition. Kindle
Edition.
No comments:
Post a Comment