Wednesday, 14 December 2016

A631.9.2.RB - Video Debrief of Team MA


A631.9.2.RB _Manglona, Matthew-Napu_ Video Debrief of Team MA

If I was to be in that startup team I think I would be shaking a hornet’s nest with Steve Jobs. I am the aggressive type of team player and always try to think of the first, second, and third order of effects when it comes to the decisions that we make. Upon receiving my report from the MA results I am the type to get results done no matter what, however, with facts and research to back it up. Listening to Steve Jobs presents a lot of concern (although he seemed to stay focus on his vision) that he was rushing into the marketing and production of the product too fast. Cognitive limitations preclude individuals from fully considering all relevant information, and cognitive biases can also interfere with their information gathering and analysis. Kelman, Sanders, & Pandit (2016) state “cognitive limitations preclude individuals from fully considering all relevant information, and cognitive biases can also interfere with their information gathering and analysis. (p.468)

Just like in my real profession today I still speak my mind and ensure those above me understand the conditions that either are or need to be met. My MA results also discussed that I am not a big risk taker when it comes to outcomes of a business. I’ll take the risk if I know that there is cushion at the bottom, I’ll ensure that there is a contingency plan so that way if there is a chance for the organization to float then I will most likely do it. Steve Jobs heard all the concerns brought up by his team, but his charisma made the team believe that it will work. I still need to see the evidence and Plan B or Plan C in order for to be on board with the decision making.

Steve Jobs is a Visionary Decision Maker as Singh, Kumar, & Anju, (2015) described as the best part of such a decision making is that this style looks out for different perspectives from a broader group of counselors and encourages dissenters to voice their concerns. The only set back of such decision makers is the fact that they are too quick to rush in the wrong direction (p. 8) Steve Jobs is one of if not the most successful innovators in our past time, it just so happened with the NeXT company during that time the consumers were just not having vision shared with Steve Jobs on a computer system that was different than the rest especially since computer systems were already established with businesses using standard systems.

 

 


 References:



Kelman, S., Sanders, R., & Pandit, G. (2016). “I won't back down?” complexity and courage in government executive decision making. Public Administration Review, 76(3), 465-471. doi:10.1111/puar.12476

 Singh, L. A., Kumar, N. V., & Anju, D. (2015). Case study: Developing a scale to measure decision making style. Advances in Management, 8(10), 6-15. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com.ezproxy.libproxy.db.erau.edu/docview/1719261034?accountid=27203

No comments:

Post a Comment